Montessori Materials - Wooden Coin Box
This beautifully crafted wooden Montessori toy coin box works just like a piggy bank. Areas of educational development include hand/eye coordination, mid-line crossing, shape recognition and object permanence, which are all crucial areas of early learning.
As well as being fun for your child, this educational activity provides a purposeful, repetitive independent activity to help build self-confidence, self-esteem and increase concentration.
And, perhaps, it may even give your little one their first thirst for economics!
How to present the toy using the Montessori method:
- Place the coin box on the floor in front of your baby and pick up one of the coins using your thumb and pointer finger. It’s useful to name the object and be descriptive, for example ‘round, blue, coin’
- Engage interest with your child using a single word statement such as ‘look’ or ‘watch’
- Stabilise the box with one hand and using your other hand hold the coin slightly above the hole
- Rotate the coin slowly left and right stopping when it matches the hole horizontally to demonstrate the precise position needed
- Slowly lower the coin through hole and release
- Slowly open the drawer using your thumb and pointer finger
- Peer in and then retrieve the coin using your thumb and pointer finger, and place the coin beside the box
- Slowly close the drawer and offer your child a turn
Recommended age: 12 months +
Made of eco friendly wood and free from harmful minerals
Quality classic wooden toys for babies, infants and toddlers - Natural Wooden Toys and Educational Toys. Australia’s leading online toy store for quality Montessori toys and eco toys for children under 3.
These Montessori Materials are manufactured exclusively for Classic Baby