Montessori Materials - Wooden Toddler Puzzle - Ever increasing circles
Ever increasing circles! This terrific wooden circle puzzle has been created for a young toddler who has a high level of eye-hand coordination and is ready to learn to differentiate sizes.
This neatly designed, simple wooden puzzle will build self-confidence, self-esteem, increase concentration and provide beginning experiences with figure-ground concepts - the cognitive ability to separate parts based on contrast.
Small, clever, fun – just like your little one.
How to present the toy using the Montessori method:
- Place the puzzle on the floor in front of your baby. Working from left to right, grip the knob on the puzzle shape using your thumb and pointer finger. It is helpful to name the puzzle shape and be descriptive, for example ‘blue circle’
- Engage your child’s interest with a single word such as ‘look’ or ‘watch’
- Stabilize the base with one hand and slowly remove all the puzzle pieces, placing them beside the base
- Pick up and hold the first puzzle piece slightly above the base and rotate slowly to the left or right to demonstrate matching the shape exactly as it is lowered into the base
- Release and repeat with each puzzle piece
- Offer your child a turn
Recommended age: 14 months +
Made of eco friendly wood and free from harmful minerals
Quality classic wooden toys for babies, infants and toddlers - Natural Wooden Toys and Educational Toys. Australia’s leading online toy store for quality Montessori toys and eco toys for children under 3.
These Montessori Materials are manufactured exclusively for Classic Baby